Sunday, February 21, 2010

Liberty Co





The Sweetgrass Hills at Sunrise - Shelby, MT


Spent the night at my sister's house in Shelby to get an early start on county loop #4. I had to back track to Chinook, so thought I would take a day to do a four county loop.

Beautiful calm morning as I started to run for Liberty County and Chester. Highway 2 was was lousy with gophers and the crows and hawks feeding on them. Whacked one with my lower left side foot peg. Messy.




Liberty County Court House
Chester, MT June 12-2009
Pop. 2,158 Est. 1920

Smooth riding to Chester. No wind, warm sunshine. Surprised to find Main Street is a one way. Unusual for a town this size. Got my photo, and met a couple of the county workers in side when I went to ask where they would have breakfast. The obvious choice was the SPUD Cafe. So I motored down the street to the cafe, realizing that I was going the wrong direction on the one way! County sheriffs vehicle down the block saw me as I made a quick u-turn that just happened to end up in front of the Spud Cafe. I figured he would come by for a visit, so I was prepared to offer him a cup of coffee, and yes, maybe a doughnut. I met the semi new owner of the cafe, Kim Miller, and she knocked my taste buds out with a skillet special. This would be a must stop for lunch or breakfast next time you travel Hiway 2 across Montana.



    Main Street - Chester, MT

No comments:

Post a Comment