Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Jefferson & Silverbow Co.



Jefferson Co. Courthouse

Boulder, MT
Population 10,049 Established 1864

August 7, 2009


What a beautiful courthouse! This leg of the journey of 56 will take me to a wedding.

A co-worker, Bobby, was getting married in Sheridan Wyoming on the 8th of August.

I was one of the fortunate few to be invited to such as special event. I was not fully equipped for rain riding. New bike gloves, jacket, a second set of boots to keep my feet dry. I laughed to think that August should be one of the driest months in Montana. So far on this adventure I think I have been rained on, or at least sprinkled on during every ride. This trip would be nautical. Left Great Falls at 12:30 and ended in Boulder at 2:15. Great camping near here.


Silverbow Co. Courthouse - Butte, America.
Pop. 34,606 Est. 1881
Love this town. They were having a jazz/folk festival on this day, and the streets were filled with people ready to blow off steam. Note my snazzy new leather jacket. How did I live with out it? Courthouse is in the older part of Butte, and built on a steep grade.
I wanted to make Billings by nightfall so I could spend some time with my former Great Falls buddy, Jeff at a blues festival. not an an unreasonable goal, if every thing goes well. And that my reader, is another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment