Saturday, February 27, 2010

Virginia City




Virginia City is fairly well preserved from its root'n toot'n shoot'n days as a gold mining frontier town. You must take in the live theater presentations, train and buggy rides, and have your photo taken by an old time photography studio. In the mid 80's, I raced here from Bozeman, to video tape the arraignment of Don and Dan Nichols. They were the self styled mountain men who kidnapped Kerry Swenson, killed one of her attempted rescuers, and was tracked down and captured by County Sheriff Johnny Frances after a very long manhunt. I was working for KTVM TV in Bozeman at the time, and the footage went to all the Major networks. I don't remember getting paid for it, but it was worth the fame. Oh, yeah, I did not get credit for that either. Part of which shaped my management style to give credit where credit is due.

No comments:

Post a Comment