Sunday, February 14, 2010

Lewis & Clark Co. State Capitol

Lewis and Clark Co. Courthouse - Helena
May 24, 2009 Population in 2000 - 55,716 Est. 1864
Looked like it might rain so I packed a Columbia Ski jacket and what I thought would be water resistant golf pants for a three county run on a Sunday. Headed South on I-15, and just as I rounded the corner by Wolf creek, It started to rain. One of the unique things about Montana is the weather can make dramatic changes in just a few minutes. I wear glasses, and taking them off and on along with the helmet is a hassle. For this leg of the trip I kept both on for the photo. I decided to complete the loop when the sun started peaking out from behind the clouds to the East. Helena can be slightly confusing for new travelers heading to Townsend by way of the I-5 Exit at Cedar Street. It's easy to loose your bearings if exploring the down town. The Townsend highway is also the fastest way to get to Bozeman, so while it is well marked, it has also sent many a rider to Butte, which is beautiful ride, but will add time to your trip to Bozeman, or once you figure out you have to turn around to make the connecting Hiway 287 to get to Townsend, Broadwater Co. Seat . By the time I reached East Helena, the sun was out and drying my boots and pants. I had breakfast in Townsend at the terrific Mint Cafe that seems only to cater to the locals. My kind of place. I always ask the local where to have breakfast, and have never been disappointed.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment