Wednesday, February 17, 2010

McCone & Dawson Co.








McCone Co. Courthouse -Circle, MT
Population in 2000 1,977 Established 1919

Nippy ride from Jordan. Nursing a great memory of Jordan last night. I have got to get better riding gloves. Used the restroom in the court house. There is a real sense of pride on taking care of this court hose. I think one could eat off the floors it was so clean. My first ever visit to Circle. Farms all look in great shape, roads are good, and there is a Museum that looks to be a refreshing stop for folks who love agriculture and trains. It was window shopping at the museum only as I motored into town before much was open. I will make it a point to visit this museum if I pass this way again.

Had a great breakfast at Kay's Cafe and headed for Glendive.


Dawson Co. Courthouse
Glendive, MT Pop. in 2000 - 9,059 Est. 1865

It's has been 26 years since I last visited Glendive. I was impressed with the big Small city attitude and look of this Yellowstone river town. Looks like oil and ag have been good to Dawson Co. Scoped out a pawn shop looking for gloves, (remember I am the King of Cheap). Did not find gloves, but got a nice stare from the kid behind the counter. From here I turn north and ride towards Sidney, the furthest point NE of Montana I have ever been. Spring was kind and the land full of promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment