Sunday, February 28, 2010

Carbon Co.




Carbon County Courthouse - Red Lodge, MT Population 9,552 in 2000
Established 1895


I spotted a sign on the lawn of a Motel that said tent camping so I pulled in. What deal! For $35, I got a nice grassy spot, hot shower, and breakfast the next morning. Red Lodge was packed!
There was a country music concert on the fairgrounds, and downtown was buzzing. It was getting dark, so I set up camp and set out to find a meal. The nearest bar with in walking distance was Sam Hoffmann's Red Lodge Ales Brewing Company. I arrived too late for a meal as the kitchen had closed for the night.
I settled for the seven sampler beer tray (twice) and several bags of chips and peanuts. The next morning, I was happy to find the breakfast bar was in full operation with a fine selection of my favorite items. The cooks name was Art! He did a fine job of telling stories and culinary entertainment. I might like his job when I retire.

No comments:

Post a Comment